Hi! I’m Max. I’m the latest addition to the team here at CityMax.com. You might have already seen me on
our website, blog, Twitter, or starring in our latest YouTube video. My job is to give you the inside scoop!
What is CityMax.com
CityMax.com is an easy-to-use, online website builder company that empowers entrepreneurs by providing them
with the tools and education to achieve their dreams. With our all-in-one website builder solution, customers
can create a complete online store without ever having to learn website design or computer programming.
Since 1999, hundreds of thousands of websites have been built using our technology. The CityMax.com team
is based at Harbour Centre in Vancouver, BC.
Who is CityMax.com?
CityMax.com was founded in 1999 by Sunny Hirai. He
had previously started and owned his own businesses, and while looking for a new venture, found that
no all-in-one website builder existed for small business owners. His mission to create an easy e-commerce
solution has since transformed into an inspiring Painted Picture.
What is our Painted Picture?
With our Painted Picture, we're bringing the future into the present, so that we can do something about it
now. Our Painted Picture creates a vivid mental image of where CityMax.com will be by 2019.
We're going to change the world by motivating and empowering small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs
to have the businesses they've always envisioned. Our Big Hairy Audacious Goal is to help 1,000,000 entrepreneurs,
and this shapes every aspect of our business.
Recent Awards & Recognition
- 2010 - wins a WebAward from Web Marketing Association for Best Small Business Website
- 2010 - named Company of the Year at Small Business BC's Successful You Awards
- 2010 - CityMax.com interviewed in Wall Street Journal on the upside of animals in the office
- 2010 - CityMax.com interviewed in Inc. Magazine regarding unique hiring rituals
- 2010 - CityMax.com "Homepreneur of the Year" contest and winners featured in Entrepreneur.com Daily Dose
- 2009 - CityMax.com featured in the Wall Street Journal for his team motivation tactics
- 2009 - recognized as the #2 Best Company to Work for in BC (under 100 employees) by BCBusiness Magazine
- 2009 - CityMax.com selected to judge Global Student Entrepreneur Awards
- 2009 - Web Marketing Association WebAward - Small Business Standard of Excellence
- 2009 - ad:tech’s People's Choice Award in the category of Best B2B Marketing Website
- 2009 - listed as one of PROFIT Magazine's NEXT 100 Emerging Businesses in Canada
- 2008 - CityMax.com featured in Business in Vancouver’s Top 40 Under 40 for 2008
- 2008 - Web Marketing Association WebAward – Small Business Standard of Excellence
- 2008 - named Cultural Diversecity Award finalist
- Founded October 28, 1999
- Number of active entrepreneurs : Approx 30,000
- Number of sites built using CityMax.com technology (WebsiteDynamics): 572,000+
- 100% privately held
- Founder: Sunny Hirai (now leading With.Us)
- 36 employees and 2 Directors Of Greeting (DOGs)
- 50% staff growth in 2009
- Our entrepreneurs sell everything imaginable: homemade soap, solar gnomes, Cabbage Patch Kids, microwave
pork rinds, chimney dampers, custom pet jewelry, and so much more
- October 1999 – CityMax.com is founded
- December 1999 – Craigslist.org incorporated
- February 2000 – 10 million websites on the internet
- September 2000 – 20 million websites on the internet
- January 2001 – Wikipedia is founded
- January 2002 – 100,000th CityMax.com website is built
- March 2002 - Having your own blog becomes cool
- April 2003 – Apple’s iTunes launches
- January 2004 – Facebook is founded
- February 2005 – YouTube launches
- July 2008 – 500,000th CityMax.com website is built
- September 2008 – CityMax.com launched Painted Picture, relocates to Gastown office
- June 2009 – CityMax.com listed in PROFIT Magazine’s NEXT 100 Fastest Growing Companies
- October 2009 – Geocities closes
- April 2009 – CityMax.com wins ad:tech People’s Choice Award
- November 2009 – CityMax.com wins #2 Best Company to Work for in B.C.
- January 2010 – Marco Barberini is awarded the 1st annual Homepreneur of the Year Award by CityMax.com
If you'd like a copy of CityMax.com's media kit, please click here to download the PDF.
If you would like to use our logo, right click one of the versions below and save to your computer: